Amongst The Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst The Stars

Welcome leader, your people await you.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An alternative to racial bonuses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Retrorobot

Retrorobot

An alternative to racial bonuses Empty
PostSubject: An alternative to racial bonuses   An alternative to racial bonuses I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Instead of a racial bonus system, which often ends in someone just trying to get a bonus that overpowers everyone else or a half-attempt to create something unique for a rolling system some players don't care about. I recommend using an alternative.

Using a set list(albeit large) of fleet doctrine bonuses. The ideas of these fleet doctrine bonuses would enable players to pick one that best suits their nation, giving them a unique way to set up their fleet while still maintaining overall fairness across the board.

Some examples of this include:

"Small ships, big dicks"
+ all ships smaller than a cruiser gain a +1 to their attack roll, and destroyers get +1 AC
-not able to produce ships larger than a cruiser, other than a carrier

"Carrier fleet doctrine"
+carriers get 1 free extra hanger and super carriers get 2 free extra hangers
-battleships and Dreadnoughts take a negative -1 and -2 AC respectively

"Supersize me"
+ ships larger than a cruiser gain +1 AC, and +10 HP
-ships smaller than a cruiser gain -1 to AC, and -1 to ATT

"Planet Killers"
+battleships and Dreadnoughts get +1 AC and Dreadnoughts gain +2 ATT
-not able to produce Supercarriers, and ships smaller than a cruiser take -1 AC

"Sneaky peaky like"
+all ships gain a +2 to attack when exiting stealth, and gain a +1 bonus to stealth checks
- all ships -1 AC

This list could go on a lot longer to fit anything from electronic warfare, to ultra tank fleets, to fleets designed to hit and run. The fleet doctrine would be applied to a race/nation as a whole. And as you can see allows specialization in certain areas.

Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

An alternative to racial bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: An alternative to racial bonuses   An alternative to racial bonuses I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Hold it up for now, we need to make the original system easy before we move onto anything else, I know we talked about it over PMs but this post is just to keep everyone else involved.
Back to top Go down

An alternative to racial bonuses
Page 1 of 1