Amongst The Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst The Stars

Welcome leader, your people await you.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Retrorobot

Retrorobot

Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died. Empty
PostSubject: Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died.   Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 4:24 pm

These are some proposed changes to the previous combat system before ATS died the last time. The system we are currently using now favors frigates and carriers by a huge margin. These changes even out the ship classes so they are more balanced in all the testing I did.

Changes

Feats/Crew Skills

-remove laser proficiency crew skill
-cannot stack crew skills
-Cannot stack weapon feats (IE heavy weapons, Light weapons, spinal mounts, ect.)

? ? ? ? ?

-New Feature, "Doubled Up"
-Forgo your second attack type to load up on one attack type
-Adds a +2 modifier to your attack, but can only attack once per turn, instead of with both weapon types

Not a feat, but gives a bonus if they give up two attacks per round

? ? ? ? ?

Frigates
-AC at 9
-Damage takes a -1 to attack roll if attacking a weight class cruiser and larger

Frigate:

Destroyers
-Cost lowered to 20
-attack types from 1 to 2
-base attack damage to 2
-HP to 30

Destroyer:

Battleship and carrier are now separate, still same cost

Battleship
-+2 base attack

Carrier and Battleship:

Dreadnought and Supercarrier are now seperate, still same cost

Dreadnought
-+2 base attack
-removal of -2 to attack roll modifier for secondary weapon

Dreadnought and Supercarrier:

Flagship

-add +2 to attack base

Flagship:

Maybe consider ret-conning the idea of a flagship and instead lowering its cost to 100? And adding 100 more points to the pool? Give people more flexibility if they want smaller fleets/don't want a giant doomcannon ship

Last edited by Retrorobot on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rookzilla
Admin
Rookzilla

Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died.   Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

You were at the forefront of balancing the combat system last time, I'll add these changes over the coming days.
Back to top Go down
TheWildSpud

TheWildSpud

PostSubject: Re: Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died.   Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Any attempt to make the fleet combat system diverse and more open to differing player strategies is a good move in my book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died.   Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some old proposed changes I considered making in the last ATS before it died.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amongst The Stars :: OOC :: OOC :: General Discussion-
Jump to: